ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ABOUT THE MICRO PRODUCTS
I PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Dietary fibre is a group of organic compounds, forming the structural element of the plant cellular walls, resistant to enzymatic hydrolysis in the human alimentary canal. This group consists of the polysaccharide compounds such as cellulose, hemicellulose, pectins, gums, and non-polysaccharides, e.g. lignin.
Fibres may be divided into the following:
- insoluble fibres (cellulose, lignin)
- soluble fibres (pectins, gums)
- combines with some substances in the alimentary canal (including the toxic substances),
- prevents constipation and inhibits development of numerous bowel cancers,
- absorbs free radicals and some toxins from the alimentary canal,
- enhances the function of chewing and saliva excretion, thus preventing caries.
- influences reduction of cholesterol level (in particular of the “bad” cholesterol) thus preventing development of the atherosclerosis and related complications,
- combines with bile acids preventing formation of gall stones,
- inhibits enzymatic hydrolysis of carbohydrates, thus inhibiting the post-meal increase in glucose concentration in the blood serum, consequently preventing the development of diabetes.
Dietary fibres partially bind and reduce absorbing of heavy metals from the diet. Additionally they increase the meal weight, swell in the alimentary canal, provide with the feeling of fullness, and inhibit development of obesity.
Since addition of fibres to the food products significantly increases their health value, in consideration of the existing competition in the market, it provides them with advantage over the traditional products.
Our products contain fine particles, causing their biological activeness to be significantly higher than other products of this type.
During the production cycle we do not use chemicals, and we do not add them to the final product. Our products are made of the plants’ parts with high concentration of the dietary fibre.
The quality and trade demands are specified by the factory standards, approved by the Voivodeship Sanitary and Epidemiological Station in Warsaw. It should be emphasized that our fibres meet particularly high physical, chemical, and microbiological requirements.
Detailed physical, chemical, and microbiological parameters are provided in the factory standards.
II PURPOSE OF THE PRODUCT
Fibre preparations contain both soluble and insoluble fibres. Preparations with higher content of soluble fibres are used in production of beverages, jellies, ice cream, etc., and preparations with large content of insoluble fibres are used as enhancers in solid food, e.g.: bread, pastry, pasta, etc.
Apart from the health related properties, the dietary fibre added to food products advantageously affects their technological features:
- it improves the texture and consistency,
- it improves the stability of form,
- it reduces fat content
- facilitates emulsification,
- facilitated absorption of water preventing quick drying (water-holding capacity WHC 200%-700%),
- prevents lumping and agglutination,
- inhibits the syneresis (shrinking with simultaneous water extraction),
- prevents weight losses during thermal processing,
- colors the product with natural pigments,
- extends the edibility period.
Addition of fibres to the food products allows for gaining measurable economic benefits.
Fibre is added to a very wide spectrum of products:
- pastry (candies, wafers, chocolate bars, chewing gum, cakes)
- smoked meats
- meat coating
- dairy products (yogurt, cheese)
- instant products (soups, jellies, cakes, sauces, beverages)
- products for diabetics
- diet preparations administered in form of tablets, capsules, and powders.
In consideration of the common too small consumption of dietary fibre – many healthy and demanded technological features, one should aim at increased food spectrum of higher dietary fibre content.
Bioactive “MICRO” fibres are the fibre preparations manufactured exclusively of natural selected materials. The fibres meet high biological and chemical purity standards.
Important factor affecting the bioactivity level of the fibre products involves the size of the particles. Technology applied by our company allows for obtaining of particle sizes of 10 micrometers, which places us among the leading manufacturers of the similar preparations worldwide. Achieving of such high minimization level guarantees extraordinary bioactivity of the “MICRO” fibres.
III MICRO PRODUCTS
- COCOA FIBRE
- BetAven – OAT FIBRE 30% β-glucan
- OAT FIBRE 20% β-glucan
- APPLE FIBRE
- CHOKEBERRY FIBRE
- CRANBERRY FIBRE
- FLAX-SEED FIBRE
- OAT FLOUR
- OAT BRAN 6% β-glucan (AACC standard) – OAT CONCENTRATE